Despite Arizona’s dry climate, there are many powerful allergens here, particularly in the spring when the wildflowers and desert bloom. In fact, the dry air actually increases the pollen problem, as airborne pollen can travel more than 50 miles. Our doctors treat adolescents and adults throughout Mesa, Arizona for all types of allergies including:
- Hay fever (allergic rhinitis, outdoor allergies)
- Environmental allergies (dust, mold, pollen)
- Dermatitis (rashes, skin allergies, contact dermatitis)
- Eczema (atopic dermatitis)
- Hives (urticaria)
- Drug allergies (reactions to Penicillin, antibiotics and other medications)
- Food allergies (peanuts, dairy, eggs, wheat, shellfish, etc.)
- Cosmetic allergies (health and beauty aids, hair dye)
- Insect allergies (bees, spiders, mosquitos, etc.)
- Pet and animal allergies
- Latex allergies
- Occupational allergies (chemicals, pollutants, etc.)
- Immunological diseases
People can have different reactions to allergens, from mild symptoms such as watery eyes or sneezing, to life-threatening symptoms such as difficulty breathing or shock. If you have allergies, it is important to seek treatment.
Early intervention for airborne allergies or hay fever can completely erase or significantly reduce symptoms. Moreover, research indicates that allergy-induced asthma may be prevented if allergies are treated early enough with allergy shots.
How Can Stripes Primary Care Help when you have Allergies?
At Stripes Primary Care, we can diagnose and treat your allergies with the most advanced allergy techniques available. Your individually-tailored treatment plan may include avoidance of the allergens, medications and/or immunotherapy.
One of the most innovative and convenient forms of treatment for allergies is allergy drops. Known as sublingual immunotherapy, allergy drops are placed under the tongue, so there are no injections involved. You can do the drops at home. For some people allergy shots are most appropriate and we do this in our office.
To schedule an appointment for allergy testing or treatment, call one of our location near you or use our online appointment request form.